How to remove RadioRage Toolbar virus – hijacker
RadioRage Toolbar is a browser hijacker that changes the default homepage and search settings in popular Web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, without the user’s permission. In fact, RadioRage Toolbar hijacker modifies the browser settings in order to perform browsing redirects into advertisements and earn money from their publishers.
RadioRage Toolbar hijacker is designed to modify your browser settings and may install additional plugins (toolbars, extensions or add-ons) in your Web browser in order to promote other links or products. Browser hijackers like this, may redirect the user's computer into malicious websites or may install malicious programs in order to compromise the user's computer to security risks.
Technically “RadioRage Toolbar” is not a virus and is categorized as a malware program (“Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)” that may contain and install malicious programs on your computer, like adware, toolbars or viruses. If a computer is infected with RadioRage Toolbar” hijacker, then more pop-up ads, banners and sponsored links are displayed on the victim’s computer screen or inside the Internet browser and in some cases the computer speed may be slowed down due to malicious programs running on the background.
RadioRage Toolbar hijacker program was probably installed without the user's notice because it is commonly bundled inside other freeware software which are downloaded -and installed- from known internet sites like “download.com (CNET)”, “Softonic.com”, etc. For that reason, you must always pay attention at the installations options for any program you install on your computer, because most software installers contain additional software that you never wanted to install. In simple words, DO NOT INSTALL ANY IRRELEVANT SOFTWARE that comes with the software installer of the program that you want to install. More specifically, when you install a program on your computer:
- DO NOT PRESS the “Next” button too fast at the installation screens.
- READ & ACCEPT CAREFULLY the Terms and Agreements.
- ALWAYS SELECT: “Custom” installation.
- DECLINE to install any offered additional software that you don’t want to install.
- UNCHECK any option that says that your homepage and search settings will be modified.
How to remove RadioRage Toolbar hijack from your computer:
Step 1. Stop and Remove RadioRage Toolbar malicious processes with RogueKiller.
RogueKiller is an anti-malware program written and is able to detect, stop & remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
1. Download and save RogueKiller (local version) utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop)
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Wait until the pre-scan is completed and then, read and “Accept” the license terms.
4. Press the “Scan” button to scan your computer for malicious threats and malicious startup entries.
5. Finally, when the full scan is completed, click the “Registry” tab, select all malicious items found and then press the "Delete"button to remove them.
(If asked, press Yes to reboot your computer)
6. Close “RogueKiller” and continue to the next step.
Step 2. Uninstall RadioRage Toolbar from your Control Panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Windows 8 & 8.1:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Type “control panel” and press Enter.
2. Double click to open:
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a Program”) if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen:
3a. Sort the programs to be displayed by Installation date (Installed On) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown program that was lately installed on your system.
3b. Also remove any of these malicious applications: *
- RadioRage Internet Toolbar
- InboxAce Internet Toolbar
* Notice: If you still receive the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error message, during uninstall, then follow this guide to uninstall all malicious programs and then continue to the next steps.
Step 3: Remove RadioRage Toolbar with AdwCleaner.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. After accepting the “License Agreement”, press the “Scan” button.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Remove RadioRage Toolbar with Junkware Removal Tool.
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool. JRT is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with “JRT – Junkware Removal Tool”.
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 5. Remove RadioRage Toolbar malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium:
Removes Spyware, Adware & Malware.
Start Your Free Download Now!
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the “Start My Free 14-Trial” option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, press the “Quarantine All” (Remove Selected) button to remove all threats found.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode". Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 6 – Optional – Remove RadioRage Toolbar search settings from Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox.
To ensure that “RadioRage” infection is completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to their default values.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
Remove RadioRage Toolbar from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. Click the “Advanced” tab.
3. Choose “Reset”.
4. Check (to enable) the “Delete personal settings” box and choose “Reset”.
5. After the resetting action is completed, press “Close” and then choose “OK” to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove RadioRage Toolbar Hijacker from Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu and choose "Settings".
2. Look at the end of “Settings” options and press the “Show advanced settings” link.
3. Scroll all the page down and press the “Reset Browser Settings” button.
4. Press the “Reset” button again.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
Remove RadioRage Toolbar from Firefox.
1. From Firefox menu, go to “Help” > “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. In “Troubleshooting Information” window, press “Reset Firefox” button to reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Press “Reset Firefox" again.
4. After the resetting job is completed, Firefox restarts.